Dates & Registration
- Special Family Camp, May 25 – May 27, Grade: All, Age: All Ages, Camp Sealth
Special Family Camp is designed for kids and adults with special needs and their entire families to enjoy a camp experience in an inclusive, supportive environment. Spend Memorial Day Weekend in a beautiful outdoor setting, and enjoy camp activities like archery, boating, fishing, arts & crafts, hiking, marine touch tanks, adaptive bikes, pony rides, and more.
Past participants share their favorite aspects of Special Family Camp:
- A welcoming, supportive environment for kids with special needs, siblings, parents, and other family members
- A team of dedicated volunteers and staff to support you throughout the weekend
- Networking and resource-sharing with lots of other local families with kids with disabilities
- Adaptive activities for all ages and abilities
- A flexible schedule allowing you to set your own pace
- A beautiful setting on Vashon Island
Who Can Attend?
Special Family Camp is geared toward kids and adults with mild to severe disabilities, but all family members are welcome and encouraged to attend, including siblings and extended family.
This event is designed to be as action-packed or as relaxing as you want it to be. The schedule is flexible, allowing you to sign up only for the activities you want to do. Activity options will include archery, fishing, boating, arts & crafts, pony rides and hikes. Try riding an adaptive bicycle provided by OutdoorsForAll (there’s a bike for everyone – seriously!). In the evenings, gather around the campfire for songs, skits, and s’mores, and our very popular movie night.
Meals & Accommodations
Families stay in camp-style cabins with basic utilities. Each family is housed in their own room, adjacent to other families. A limited number of accessible cabins are available. Bathrooms are located nearby in separate buildings. Most cabins are heated. All meals are provided during the weekend, and snacks, coffee and tea are also available. Nearly all special diets can be accommodated.
We offer tiered pricing for Special Family Camp. Select the pricing option that works best for your family. Tier 1 reflects the full cost of operating this program; Tier 2 is partially subsidized by donations. There is no difference in the program based on which tier you choose. In addition, DDA/DSHS funds may be used to pay for Special Family Camp, and some financial aid is also available.
You may choose to attend the full weekend (Saturday/Sunday night), or just one night. Children under age 2 are free.
Full Weekend (Saturday/Sunday night)
- Tier 1: $150 per person (youth and adult)
- Tier 2: $100 adult, $80 youth
Partial Stay (Saturday or Sunday night only)
- $85 adult, $70 youth
Contact Carrie Kishline with questions about this event at firstname.lastname@example.org.