Join your fellow Camp Fire friends for a fun group and family camp out! We’ll start the afternoon with outdoor skills lessons, followed by a big dinner cookout as a group, fun evening activities, and a campfire. In the morning, cook breakfast on your own before a morning workshop, followed by departure. Workshop topics could include fire building, outdoor cooking, knot tying, orienteering with compasses, Leave No Trace camping skills, and other useful tips and tricks to help your group get ready for an adventure in nature. Membership in Camp Fire is not required, however, youth must be supervised at all times by a parent, guardian, or Camp Fire leader!
Registration is $10 per person, both youth and adults, and includes workshops, dinner, snacks, and a camping space for your family or group in our reserved group campsite at Kanaskat-Palmer State Park. You can learn more about the facility on the Washington State Parks website.
Saturday, May 18
3:00 pm: Check-in & Camp Set-Up
- Settle into camp and enjoy some free time and a chance to mingle with other families.
4:00 pm: Outdoor Skills Workshops
- Let’s take a group hike! We’ll identify plants and animals along the way, learn about the parks ecosystem and play some nature bingo!
- Learn how to start a fire from scratch, or brush up on your fire building skills!
5:00 pm: Dinner Prep & Cookout
- Build your own pudgie pie using pie irons and tin foil potatoes – Yummm!!
7:00 pm: All Camp Event & Campfire
- We’ll make ourselves an after-dinner treat of Dutch oven cinnamon rolls!
- We’ll finish off the night with games, riddles, crafts, and some star gazing.
Sunday, May 19
8:00 am: Make Your Own Breakfast!
10:00 am: Outdoor Skills Workshops
- Knot Tying
- Orienteering/Compas Basics
- Camping Essentials
11:00 am: Pack-Up Camp
- Leave No Trace!
12:00 pm: Departure
Please contact Rebecca Bobko, Director of Community Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 826-8934.