We’ll start the afternoon with our annual Camp Fire Celebration by enjoying outdoor activities and games, followed by a big cookout. Immediately following the Celebration, we will transition into Group Camping with an evening of s’mores, outdoor activities, stargazing, and camping in tents. Sunday morning, we will provide breakfast, do some outdoor living skills workshops, and then pack up camp. Sunday workshop topics could include fire building, outdoor cooking, knot tying, orienteering with compasses, Leave No Trace camping skills, and other useful tips and tricks to help your group get ready for an adventure in nature. Membership in Camp Fire is not required, however, youth must be supervised at all times by a parent, guardian, or Camp Fire leader!
You can learn more about the Hans Jensen facility on the Washington State Parks website.
Saturday, June 13
3:00 pm: Celebration Activities & Games
- Mingle with other attendees, play some yard games, and do some crafts.
4:00 pm: Celebration Cookout
- We’ll continue offering games & activities and cook up some tasty food on the grill!
5:00 pm: Camp Set-up & Check-in
- If you are staying for the camping portion, now is the time to check-in! Grab your camping gear and set up your tent site.
6:00 pm: Welcome Activities
7:00 pm: Campfire
- We’ll build a fire and make ourselves an after-dinner treat!
- We’ll finish off the night with games, riddles, crafts, and some star gazing.
Sunday, June 14
8:00 am: Breakfast as a group!
10:00 am: Outdoor Skills Workshops. Sample topics include:
- Knot Tying
- Orienteering/Compass Basics
- Camping Essentials
11:00 am: Pack-Up Camp
- Leave No Trace!
12:00 pm: Departure
Please contact Ali Fuller, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (206) 826-8980.