Camp Sealth is a camp and retreat center, located on Vashon Island, that offers summer camp, outdoor education, family camps, adult retreats, and facility rentals. Volunteers are an integral part of running high-quality programs, and we offer a variety of ways to volunteer. Whether you’re interested in supporting a specific event or want to be involved on a long-term basis, we can help you find a volunteer opportunity to meet your needs.
If you’re not sure where to start, complete the Volunteer Interest Form. A Camp Sealth staff member will reach out to you to help identify which opportunities are the best fit for you.
Join us for a day of service to help us spruce up camp! We host two Service Days each year, in the spring and fall. Ideal for families, teens, alumni, Camp Fire groups, or anyone who wants to spend the day giving back to camp. More Details & Register
- Spring: April 15, 2023
- Fall: October 28, 2023
Family Camps & Weekend Events
Volunteers are needed for several weekend events throughout the year, including family camps and adult retreats. Volunteer roles and skills needed are different for each event. See the individual event pages for more specifics about each program. If you are interested in volunteering for one of these events, start by completing the Volunteer Interest Form.
An adult retreat with an incredible selection of workshops from crafting to food to outdoor adventures, and more! March 2024. More details here.
You & Me Camp
A family-oriented event to help strengthen relationships between youth and their parents or other important adults in their life. March 2024. More details here.
S’more Diversity Family Camp
A weekend family retreat for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) families to spend time together and enjoy the outdoors. May 6-7, 2023. More details here.
Special Family Camp
A family camp for youth and adults with disabilities and neurodivergence, featuring a flexible schedule and adaptive outdoor activities. May 27-29, 2023. More details here.
Summer Open House
A free day for kids, families, and alumni to visit and explore camp, try out activities, and meet the summer staff. June 24, 2023. More details here.
Summer Health Care & Alumni Volunteers
Summer camp is the heart of our program at Camp Sealth, and we could not do it without the support of an incredible team of volunteers. We are seeking volunteers who can commit to one week or more, and who meet the criteria for one of the positions listed below.
- Health Care Volunteers: Health care volunteers provide routine and emergency medical care for campers, administer medications, and communicate with parents about campers’ health care needs. Health Care volunteers can qualify for free camp tuition for one or more children. Previous camp experience is not required, but must have a current WA State health care license or certification.
- Alumni Volunteers: Past Camp Sealth staff are invited to volunteer for a week or more during the summer, or help out during staff training. At least one previous season of work experience at Camp Sealth is required.
Camp Sealth offers some incredible summer teen opportunities for volunteering and leadership development. These programs require an application process. See the individual pages for more details.
- Counselor-In-Training (CIT): A three-week leadership development program with a service component, for teens entering grades 10-11.
- Riding-Staff-In-Training (RSIT): A companion program to CIT, with an emphasis on learning to work with horses and teach horseback riding; also for grades 10-11.
- LEAD: A volunteer junior staff position that starts with one week of training, then volunteer for three additional weeks in a variety of roles – assistant counselor, activity leader, or support staff.
Fill out our Camp Sealth Volunteer Interest form below and a staff member will be in touch!