Independent Camp Fire Membership – Camp Fire Central Puget Sound

Being an Independent Member

Register as an Independent Camp Fire Member to access our curriculum and resources, along with other special events and activities. Youth who are independent members can earn emblems and work through activities, but do not have an official Camp Fire group. This option provides flexibility along with our staff resources to support you!


Camp Fire participants will take a journey down various trails that will ultimately cover the following enrichment areas: emotions and relationships, environmental stewardship, healthy living and safety, and making a difference in the communities in which we live. All participants will have access to our curriculum and activities which you can learn more about and the five trails it covers here.

Recognition Items

Throughout the year, youth have the opportunity to earn emblems, studs, and more by completing lessons and activities made available by Camp Fire. You will have the option to purchase a Camp Fire vest and adorn it with emblems and other award items to show off your youth’s hard work.

Candy Sale Fundraiser

All Camp Fire youth participate in our yearly Candy Sale Fundraiser that takes place over the course of four weeks from mid-January to mid-February. Through the Candy Fundraiser youth learn community engagement, how to safely sell to the public, communication and public speaking skills, and various selling techniques. Youth will also learn time management and organization skills by setting a candy selling goal. New this year, we plan to have youth sell candy virtually on our site versus selling at stores or door to door.

Our yearly membership fees do not cover the expense of operating Group Program, and the fundraiser brings in critical funds that allow us to continue our work to serve your children and family while also allowing your group and members to raise money for group activities, emblems, vests, or even program fees and a week of camp!

Financial Aid

To apply for Financial Aid, register online, and choose the “Financial Aid” option during the registration process. You’ll be prompted to complete the Campership Application form.


For questions about being an independent member or other options, please contact Josie Kies at or call (206) 826-8945.