Camp Sealth’s ‘Outdoor Connections’
Camp Sealth is excited to introduce “Outdoor Connections”, a program to support youth, teens, and families who are impacted by COVID-19 and school closures. With a great deal of feedback from our island families, Camp Sealth brings the following offerings to our community in the hopes of fostering social and emotional learning opportunities, outdoor activities, and safe spaces for the youth on our island.
Outdoor Connections Program Options:
We also understand that the situation around COVID-19 is constantly changing. Our plans and program offerings
will be flexible depending on family needs, school district reopening plans, and county/state requirements.
- Full Week (grades K-5): The full week program runs Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 3:30 daily with
optional extended care until 5:30. Students will have work time in the morning to attend online classes, and the rest of the day will include camp activities, outdoor/nature classes, and free play time.
- Half-Day (grades K-8): This is a 2-day option (either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu) from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Academic support is not included in this program; kids will be spending time outdoors doing camp
activities and free play in their small groups.
- Pre-K: The pre-K program is for kids aged 3 to 5 who are not yet in kindergarten. This is a 2-day program
(either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu) that runs from 8:30 – 12:30. The pre-K program will include indoor and
outdoor free play time, age-appropriate camp activities, and structured social time.
- Teen Program (grades 6-12): This program is for teens (and tweens), and will run only on Fridays from
1:30 to 5:30 p.m. The program includes outdoor camp activities, service learning, and leadership
Camp Fire and Camp Sealth believes in empowering youth to grow in confidence, social and emotional skills,
leadership, and compassion. We are proud to be a welcoming place for all kids to come together to learn, play, and grow into successful and caring adults. The specific goals in offering the Outdoor Connections program are:
- To provide an opportunity for kids to get outdoors for exercise and free play
- To supplement kids’ educational needs with the ability to interact with peers and gain social skills
- To fill a need for childcare for parents who need to work
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 by implementing the highest possible safety measures, while still
allowing kids to have fun and connect with each other
For more information on:
- Dates, Rates & Registration
- Program Specifics
- Financial Aid
- Covid-19 Policies & Prevention
See the following materials:
Forms to Complete:
Formularios para completar: