Camp Sealth’s Outdoor Connections
Outdoor Connections is a program to support youth, teens, and families who are impacted by COVID-19 and school closures. Our goals are to supplement academic learning with the need for social and emotional engagement, outdoor exercise and free play, and engagement in structured camp activities. We offer half-day options that pair with Chautauqua Elementary’s Hybrid schedule or your homeschooling plans to best accommodate families who need child care or those who just need a few hours of peer connection each week.
Contact us for availability and to register:
Spring Session 2021
New – Choose your days! We are excited to offer a more flexible schedule, including choosing which days of the week your child wants to attend.
Here are the program options for 2021:
- Half-Day (grades K-6):
The half-day program runs Monday through Thursday. This is an all-outdoors program that includes camp activities and free play in small groups. There are two options provided:
- For students attending in-person learning with Chautauqua: Students attend Sealth opposite the time they are at Chautauqua. Bussing is provided either from Chautauqua (for morning CES students) and to Chautauqua (for afternoon CES students). Parents provide transportation by either picking up or dropping off their student from Sealth.
- For students attending distance learning with Chautauqua: Students attend Sealth after their distance learning ends for the day, from 1:30 – 5:00. Parents provide transportation to and from Sealth
- Full Day (grades K-5): Full-day students attend on Fridays from 8:30 – 3:30. Students attend their distance learning classes in the morning, and then participate in camp activities and free play in the afternoon.
- Pre-K (ages 3-5): The pre-K program is for kids aged 3 to 5 who are not yet in kindergarten. Pre-K is offered Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 – 12:30. The pre-K program will include indoor and outdoor free play time, age-appropriate camp activities, and structured social time. Pre-K must be at least 3 years old as of January 1st and potty-trained.
- Teen Program (grades 6-12): This program is for teens (and tweens), and is offered on Fridays from 1:30 – 5:00. The program includes outdoor camp activities, service learning, and leadership development.
Camp Fire and Camp Sealth believes in empowering youth to grow in confidence, social and emotional skills,
leadership, and compassion. We are proud to be a welcoming place for all kids to come together to learn, play, and grow into successful and caring adults. The specific goals in offering the Outdoor Connections program are:
- To provide an opportunity for kids to get outdoors for exercise and free play
- To supplement kids’ educational needs with the ability to interact with peers and gain social skills
- To fill a need for childcare for parents who need to work
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 by implementing the highest possible safety measures, while still
allowing kids to have fun and connect with each other
For more information on:
- Dates, Rates & Registration
- Program Specifics
- Financial Aid
- Covid-19 Policies & Prevention
See the following materials:
Forms to Complete:
Formularios para completar: