Camp Sealth’s Outdoor Connections
Outdoor Connections is a program to support youth, teens, and families who are impacted by COVID-19 and school closures. Our goals are to supplement academic learning with the need for social and emotional engagement, outdoor exercise and free play, and engagement in structured camp activities. We offer flexible half-day or full-day options to accommodate families who need child care or those who just need a few hours of peer connection each week.
New – Choose your days! We are excited to offer a more flexible schedule, including choosing which days of the week your child wants to attend. Here are the program options for 2021:
- Full-Day (gr. K-5): Full-day students attend from 8:30 – 3:30 daily. The program runs Monday to Friday, and you can choose which days to attend. Students attend virtual classes in the morning, then participate in camp activities during class breaks and in the afternoon.
- Half-Day (gr. K-8): The half-day program runs Monday through Thursday from 1:45 to 5:00 p.m., and you can choose which days you want to attend. This is an outdoors-based program which includes camp activities and free play in small groups.
- Pre-K (ages 3-5): The pre-K program is for kids ages 3-5 who are not yet in kindergarten. The program runs Monday to Thursday from 8:30 – 12:30 and you can choose which days you want to attend. This program includes outdoor free play time, age-appropriate camp activities, and structured social time.
- Teen Program (gr. 6-12): This program is for teens (and tweens) and is offered Wednesday from 3:00 – 6:00 and Fridays from 1:30 – 5:00. The program includes outdoor camp activities, service learning, and leadership development.
School Reopening Plans
As the situation around COVID-19 is constantly changing, we will adapt our program offerings depending on county/state requirements and the school district reopening plans. The program options above reflect our schedule as long as the Vashon Island School District remains virtual.
Plan B – Vashon Island School District operates a Hybrid/Half-Day Model
When the school district is able to safely reopen, we plan to offer an alternative program version (outlined below). More details and information about this plan will be available when the district announces a reopening date, and families will have the option to update or cancel their enrollment at that time.
- For Chautauqua Students (grades K-5): Students can choose a half-day AM or PM option in a time slot opposite their school time (for Chautauqua students). Bussing will be available from Chautauqua (for morning CES students) and to Chautauqua (for afternoon CES students). Parents may select which days during the week they want to register (1 to 5 days) and would be charged accordingly.
- Monday through Thursday: Outdoor Connections will include 1 hour of homework time to complete their asynchronous assignments on paper or through Seesaw, and approximately 2.5 hours of outdoor activities.
- Friday: Participants may select either a half-day or full-day on Fridays. Friday AM participants will do their distance learning at camp, when there is no in-person learning at Chautauqua.
Camp Fire and Camp Sealth believes in empowering youth to grow in confidence, social and emotional skills,
leadership, and compassion. We are proud to be a welcoming place for all kids to come together to learn, play, and grow into successful and caring adults. The specific goals in offering the Outdoor Connections program are:
- To provide an opportunity for kids to get outdoors for exercise and free play
- To supplement kids’ educational needs with the ability to interact with peers and gain social skills
- To fill a need for childcare for parents who need to work
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 by implementing the highest possible safety measures, while still
allowing kids to have fun and connect with each other
For more information on:
- Dates, Rates & Registration
- Program Specifics
- Financial Aid
- Covid-19 Policies & Prevention
See the following materials:
Próximamente: Paquete para padres 2021 (Espanol)
Forms to Complete:
Formularios para completar: