We inspire and enable youth of all backgrounds and abilities to discover their spark, value the natural world, and become tomorrow’s leaders, today.
A Leader in Youth Development
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound ignites a passion for nature, a commitment to service and a drive to succeed in 6,000 children and teens every year. Since 1915, kids have relied on Camp Fire for fun and educational experiences that develop their confidence, academic success, leadership and social skills. With the support of our community, we build tomorrow’s leaders today. We are very proud to be a welcoming place for all kids to come together to learn, play and grow into confident and caring members of society.
We reach kids all year round in a variety of ways:
- Summer Camp at Camp Sealth on Vashon Island
- Day Camps at various Seattle parks
- School Year Youth Program
- Environmental Education
- Teen Leadership Program
We have a small but extremely dedicated full-time staff of 14, a seasonal staff size of 100 and more than 1,000 volunteers that deliver our programs.
Through participation in Camp Fire programs, kids will:
- Develop knowledge and appreciation for the natural world
- Develop and build leadership skills
- Acquire and improve their social and emotional learning skills
- Develop skills for academic and workplace success
- Value people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrate civic engagement and stewardship
- Develop and maintain active and healthy lifestyle habits
- Be empowered with a sense of purpose and optimism for the future
We believe that all kids, regardless of their financial situation, deserve to experience the magic of Camp Fire. We have a long history of providing financial assistance to campers in need and also offer tiered pricing for many of our programs. Financial aid is limited, however so please be sure and apply early. We are grateful to our generous donors who make this possible!
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound is one of 60 Camp Fire Councils nationwide. Our National Headquarters is located in Kansas City, MO and supports us with program resources and research. However, our council functions as an autonomous entity governed by our own separate board of directors.