Direct a one week day camp for children in grades K – 7 with volunteer adult staff and teen staff. Plan and conduct day camp in accordance with Camp Fire philosophy, policies, standards and requirements. To monitor quality implementation of the day camp program by the staff, offering support and appropriate feedback. To be responsible for the safety, health and general welfare of all campers and staff members in accordance with Camp Fire policies and American Camp Association standards. Evaluate and complete reports as required by the Council.
- Directly supervise the camp operation, delegating part of the supervisory load.
- Recruit adult and teen volunteer staff for Day camp program to meet staffing standards.
- Conduct a total of 10 hours of training for volunteer staff, 3 – 4 hours of this training will be off site and 6 – 7 hours of this training will be on the day camp site.
- Ensure and support compliance with ACA standards and Camp Fire risk management policies.
- Meet with Program Director, Branch Day Camp Team, and Council Day Camp Coordinator as needed for training, pre-camp planning, and post-camp evaluations.
- Determine camp organization and assign staff responsibilities.
- Plan meetings with staff to discuss themes and crafts activities for program.
- Follow procedures, routines, and practices for the camp operation as outlined by the Council. Recommend revisions as appropriate for particular camp.
- Develop a budget based on amount of money camp will receive. Administer camp expenses within that amount.
- See that supplies and equipment are safe and well maintained at the beginning and end of day camp session.
- Ensure the general physical condition of the camp is clean, repaired, maintained, and safe during camp.
- Provide feedback to and support for staff as they carry out their camp roles.
- At least 2 prior seasons of administrative or supervisory experience in an organized camp required
- Must hold a current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Able to work independently
- Ability to communicate and train staff in camp program and procedures, safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Ability to communicate and work with people of all ages and skill levels
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record