Camp Sealth is seeking individuals to be a part of our spring outdoor education team who have an enthusiasm for the outdoors, have experience teaching and/or leading groups of students, and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a small, hard-working camp community. Applicants should display creativity, compassion, self-motivation, and be ready to share their love of nature with students!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to the following link:
Outdoor Education Instructors facilitate activities and curricula for youth and adults of all ages and backgrounds in the following areas:
- Forest Ecology
- Wildlife Ecology
- Wetlands Ecology
- Marine Ecology
- Nutrient Cycling
- Initiatives (field game-style team building activities)
- Low Ropes Course
- Bouldering Wall
- Fire Building
- Shelter Building
- Orienteering with compasses
- Knot Tying
- Guided Hikes
This position encompasses many different aspects of camp life including:
- Leading outdoor education activities
- Kitchen operation and cleaning
- Site maintenance
- Working 5 days a week including some nights and some weekends
- Living in rustic camp buildings
- Living on a rural island where traveling without a car can be challenging
- Being flexible and adapting to last-minute changes
- Working independently on a task to completion
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience working in outdoor education, environmental science, recreation, education, or related field
- Experience working in camp or educational setting with youth
- Enthusiasm for learning and teaching about the natural world
- Ability and desire to teach, inspire and engage people of all backgrounds and abilities
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Creativity, energy, motivation, and professionalism
- Flexibility with regard to tasks, work hours, changes in program or plans, etc.
- Ability to work and live comfortably as a part of a small, on-site community and work effectively as a member of a team
- Current First Aid and CPR training (can be obtained and paid for by Camp Sealth after a job offer is made)
- Washington Food Handler’s Permit (can be obtained and paid for by Camp Sealth after a job offer is made)
Camp Sealth is happy to work with schools to potentially offer internship credit and mentorship opportunities for interested students particularly those studying Environmental Sciences, Marine Biology, Ecology, Education, Recreation, or Child Development. Enjoy the flexibility to work to satisfy your university’s requirements with the possibility to continue an online class load on-site, or develop and implement a relevant project. Speak with our staff more to see how this opportunity could work for you!
After we receive your application, Outdoor Education staff will contact you to set up an interview – in person, on Zoom, or by phone. If you do not hear from us after completing your application, please contact email@example.com. Interviews will begin December 14th, 2022 and continue on a rolling basis as applications are received.
Contact Robin Dein, Outdoor Education & Retreats Director, with questions or for a more detailed job description at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206 463 3174 (ext 34).