Camp Sealth is seeking individuals who have an enthusiasm for the outdoors, have experience teaching and leading, and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a hard working community! This position encompasses many different aspects of camp, including program/activity leadership, cleaning and kitchen operation, and summer preparation support: helping instructors to gain a uniquely diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience.
Outdoor Education Instructors teach classes to youth of all ages with curriculum including Forest and Marine Ecology, Outdoor Living, and Sustainability. Instructors will be trained in several recreational activities such as archery, challenge course, waterfront, arts & crafts, and games. Applicants should display creativity, compassion, and self-motivation and be ready to share the joy of nature with students! Lifeguard experience a plus!
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree / some college education in outdoor education, natural sciences, education, or related field
- High School Diploma or equivalency required;
- Experience working in camp or educational setting with youth
- Formal or informal experience teaching
- Enthusiasm for learning and teaching about the natural world objectively
- Ability to work and live comfortably in a small community and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability and willingness to work full days and evenings
- Creativity, energy, motivation, and professionalism
- Flexibility with regard to tasks, work hours, changes in schedule, etc.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Current First Aid and CPR training (can obtain after job offer is made)
- Washington Food Handler’s Permit (can obtain after job offer is made)
Camp Sealth is happy to offer internship credit and mentorship opportunities for interested students particularly those studying Environmental Sciences, Marine Biology, Ecology, Education, Recreation, or Child Development. Enjoy the flexibility to work to satisfy your university’s requirements with the possibility to continue an online class load on-site, or develop and implement a relevant project. Speak with our staff more to see how this opportunity could work for you!
How to Apply:
The Staff Application and Reference Forms are entirely online. If you would prefer to complete an application by mail, contact us at 206 463 3174 ext. 34 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have the forms mailed to you. Please Note: To complete the staff application form, you will need to create an UltraCamp account.
You will also need to have 5 reference forms (1 for returning staff) completed by teachers, supervisors, coaches, or other non-family members who know you well.
- Staff Application Form
- Reference Form (give this link to your references to complete the online form)
After we receive your application, camp staff will contact you to set up an interview – in person, on Skype, or by phone. If you do not hear from us within a week after completing your application, contact our office. Interviews will begin after January 1st, 2019 and continue on a rolling basis as applications are received.
Contact Josh Cunningham, Outdoor Education & Retreats Program Manager, with questions or for a more detailed job description at email@example.com or 206) 463-3174, ext. 34.