Camp Fire Central Puget Sound, based in Seattle, WA, is hiring a Manager of Individual Giving to support our fundraising efforts and build relationships with donors, volunteers and alumni. Join our team and make a difference for Camp Fire kids!
The Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for executing our individual giving program which has a budget of $300,000 through solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of individual donor relationships. This position will work cooperatively in delivering a program that effectively complements our major giving with the Director of Donor Relations, Executive Director, Board of Directors and Program Staff. This position reports directly to the Director of Donor Relations.
|Job Title||Manager of Individual Giving|
|Location||Seattle or Remote|
|Reports To||Director of Donor Relations|
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Compensation Package||$47,000 – $50,000 plus an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid vacation and sick time, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan including a company match.|
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound ignites a passion for nature, a commitment to service and a drive to succeed in 10,000 children and teens every year. With the support of our community, we build tomorrow’s leaders today. We are very proud to be a welcoming place for all kids to come together to learn, play and grow into confident and caring members of society.
Camp Fire’s Development team is based out of our Seattle headquarters. Our team is currently working remotely 100% due to Covid. We anticipate using a hybrid work model (schedule is flexible) as safety protocols allow.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain & expand the annual fund through direct mail solicitation, emails, small donor-centered special events and face to face meetings either in person or virtually
- Develop compelling messaging to make the case for support for giving to Camp Fire
- Cultivate current donors and reengages lapsed ones ($500 – $1,000 range) by creating stewardship strategies and engagement opportunities throughout the year
- Deploy Board Members in creative ways to solicit donors, thank them for giving, and show them the impact of their gift.
- Design a stewardship plan that focus on donor appreciation and retention.
- Acquire new donors into our pipeline (primarily through converting camper families into donors)
- Create various donor communications pieces including Torch newsletter, blogs and appeals
- Manage the daily operation of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) ensuring records accuracy and reconciles data with Finance Department on a weekly basis
- Create and provide gift receipts and statements on a weekly basis
- Create and run database reports as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
Camp Fire recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. We believe that a diversity of professional and life experiences can lead to a well-rounded team.
Applicants who do not meet all of the qualifications listed below but present other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered.
We strongly encourage anyone who feels passionate about this work, has a strong desire to grow their skills, and believes they have what it takes to thrive in this role to apply. Camp Fire does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, social class, sexual orientation, religion, or other diversity factors. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. (Associate’s Degree, Some Higher Education Experience and/or Relevant Working Experience will be considered.)
- Two years of experience in development including working directly with donors. Experience working in youth development and/or outdoor education a plus.
- An excellent relationship-builder who wants to engage with donors one on one either virtually or in person.
- Superior written and communication skills.
- A basic understanding of the hallmarks of donor-centered communications.
- Proven ability to work well with others and offer excellent customer service to donors, volunteers, alumni and colleagues. Positive, “can-do” attitude and flexibility are essential.
- Strong organizational skills; basic project management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently.
- Good judgement and the ability to use discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize effectively, and proven ability to work to deadlines as a cohesive member of a professional and very busy team.
- Raiser’s Edge or other CRM experience required.
- Proficient in Office including Publisher, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress and Canva are pluses.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Camp Fire strives to continuously provide diverse, inclusive, and equitable environments throughout our organizations and programs. We recognize that both access to and success in our programs requires intentional work, to cultivate respect, eliminate systemic barriers, and address injustice head-on. We at Camp Fire believe that words must be followed by progress, action, and accountability. We recognize that our efforts will be ongoing and evolving as we continue to grow, learn, collaborate, and press for an equitable future.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.