Coordinate and lead a leadership development program for Counselors in Training. Experience with teens and leadership development is required to apply
- SEATTLE CIT COUNSELOR: Carkeek Park, Woodland Park [Seattle]
- EAST CIT COUNSELOR: Hans Jensen @ Lake Sammamish State Park [Issaquah]. Blyth Park [Bothell]. and Gold Creek [Woodinville]
- Leadership and guidance of a group of 8th graders.
- Guide teens in the Counselor-In-Training (CIT) program; in learning leadership and skills for working with younger children.
- Implement a challenging and fun training.
- With a group of CIT’s, plan and carry out a camping program built on appreciation and preservation of the natural resources of the camp site and surroundings.
- Work closely with Site Director in coordinating activities of the group, and ongoing evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Guide the youth in individual participation, group, unit and all-camp activities.
- Assist with all-camp program activities and other camp-wide activities as assigned.
- Interpret to youth and enforce safety and health regulations.
- Prepare group evaluations as required.
- At least 20 years of age:
Have completed one of the following at a Camp Fire or other agency camp:
i. One year as a Day Camp junior staff.
ii. One year Counselor in Training (CIT) or Counselor Assistant Training (CAT)
iii. Other leadership training experience related to youth.
- Willingness to accept supervision and coaching to improve effectiveness.
- Willingness to accept his/her/their share of camp responsibilities.
- A personal philosophy of camping which recognizes the values which the youth can gain through group living as well as participation in varied activities.
- Must attend and participate in Day Camp Teen Leadership Staff Training to be scheduled by the Day Camp Director.
- Must attend Onsite Day Camp training to be scheduled by camp Site Directors. Your application form includes a space to document other relevant training you have had in the past 12 months