Join our summer staff team at Meridian Day Camp.
Commitment is 5-6 weeks.
- Leadership and guidance of a group of 6 – 10 campers.
- General planning of camp program.
- With a group of campers, plan and carry out a camping program built on appreciation and preservation of the natural resources of the camp site and surroundings.
- Work closely with Unit Leader or Site Director in coordinating activities of the group and ongoing evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Guide the individual camper in participation in group, unit, and all-camp activities.
- Assist and/or Lead camp program activities and other camp-wide activities as assigned.
- Interpret to children and enforce safety and health regulations.
- Prepare group evaluations as required.
- At least 18 years of age
- Willingness to accept supervision and coaching to improve effectiveness.
- Willingness to accept his/her share of camp responsibilities.
- A personal philosophy of camping which recognizes the values which the camper can gain through group living as well as participation in varied activities.
- Must attend and participate in Day Camp Staff Training.
- The ability to teach and enthuse others