Help our campers and staff stay healthy at Day Camp!
The Day Camp Healthcare Coordinator will organize our “health tent” at our North Seattle day camps. You’ll keep a log of camper visits, track medications, and help campers stay hydrated and healthy in the summer sun. Supported by the Site Director and other Camp Fire staff, ensure that the healthcare area always has an appointed adult available to assist with any emergencies that arise, and communicate with parents about illness or injuries that occurred at camp.
Camp Fire is taking Covid-19 precautions and requiring that staff are fully vaccinated for this summer, plus additional safety requirements as determined by the Council in conjunction with the health department. The Healthcare Coordinator will assist in ensuring that Covid precautions are followed to keep our campers safe.
Staff will be provided with blended training, using online modules to jump-start our in-person training days at the end of June (dates TBD). Attend an on-site with our Site Directors on July 7 and 9, and then camp begins!
We run seven weeks of camp, Monday through Friday, beginning July 11 through August 26. With prior notice, we can be flexible for absences due to vacations or other conflicts.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in emergencies
- Must be able to obtain current Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR certification
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Advanced health care certification or license valid in Washington State such as RN, CNA, EMT, or WFR is preferred but not required. First Aid/CPR is the minimum requirement for this position.
- License/certification current and valid for the state of Washington
- Experience working with children and teens
- Students in the healthcare field are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
Complete an application online and we will quickly get in touch to set up an interview!
Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com.