We inspire and enable youth of all backgrounds and abilities to discover their spark, value the natural world, and become tomorrow’s leaders, today.
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound operates youth programming year-round throughout King, Kitsap and North Mason counties. This position will support our Day Camp department, serving our summer Day Camp program at Carkeek Park and Woodland Park.
The Arts & Crafts Supervisor will work with the Site Director prior to camp to plan a fun and interactive program for campers, incorporating the theme of each week of camp. This position will serve an active role in creating a fun, engaging, and supportive environment for our youth and volunteers. Teach and lead specialized activities to kids of all ages, maintain program supplies and areas.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Day Camp Arts & Crafts Supervisor is responsible to the Day Camp Site Director unless supervisory responsibility has been delegated to the Assistant/Co – Site Director.
- Prior to camp, take stock of available supplies; ensure supplies are distributed evenly across all sessions of camp. Informing the Day Camp Director of any purchasing needs.
- Develop and carry out a meaningful Arts and Craft program.
- Gear program to the ages, interests and abilities of the campers.
- Select Arts and Crafts from available stock instructions or write operating procedures for a specific activity.
- Write and make known to campers safety regulations for specific activity.
- Check equipment to be used for appropriateness, good repair, and conformity with regulations, where applicable.
- Have equipment on hand and be trained to meet potential emergencies related to particular activity.
- Buy supplies for specialty activities within budget as directed by Site Director.
- Coordinate specialty programs/ themed activities with other camp activities and plans.
- Act as a consultant to Group Counselors in activities and crafts that can be counselor led.
- Assign activity areas to volunteers
- Teach, Supervise, and support volunteers
- Turn in a written evaluation of your program at close of camp.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to see.
- Able to read, speak and understand English.
- Able to lead small and large group activities, and supervise campers in structured and unstructured situations.
- Able to Delegate tasks
- Able to Supervise and Instruct Volunteers, both Adults and Teens, in leading activities for camper groups.
- Able to ensure safety of campers and assist campers in an emergency.
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers, interact appropriately with campers in a variety of situations, appropriately model behavior and use positive behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate respectful interactions with all others in all communications and functions as a representative of Camp Fire, an organization that supports diversity and cultural competence and expects its staff and volunteers to act in a culturally competent and inclusive manner.
- Interest, experience, knowledge and skills in a variety of fields.
- The ability to teach and enthuse others.
- At least 20 years of age.
- Must attend and participate in Day Camp Staff Training. Your application form includes a space to document other relevant training you have had in the past 12 months.
- Certification or documentation of skill and experience.
- Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid/CPR certification