There is a need for many different skill sets at Day Camp! Adults can volunteer at any of our Day Camp sites except for Camp Sealth as counselors, activity specialists, purchasers, equipment managers or health care managers. Full-time adult volunteers get a $100 discount on day camp registration for their own children. Children of full-week adult volunteers will automatically gain entrance into the camp of their choice and will be immediately taken off the wait list.
- Camp Site Director: Your fearless Day Camp Leader! The Camp Site Director is responsible for total operation of Day Camp, assigns responsibilities and gives general supervision to all volunteer staff.
- Assistant Camp Director: Works closely with the Camp Site Director both before and during the Day Camp session, and assumes responsibility in the absence of the Camp Site Director.
- Health Manager: A medical professional or a certified first aid staff who is responsible for the dispensing of all first aid and medications, and for seeing that good health practices are followed, and for keeping the health records.
- Equipment Supervisor: This role is incredibly vital to a fun Day Camp, as everyone loves to play games, cook food, and do all sorts of fun things that requires equipment! Responsible for checking equipment in and out and seeing that it comes back from groups each day in good condition, ready for use.
- Purchaser: Are you ready for some tasty Day Camp favorites? The Purchaser plans and buys supplies for Day Camp including food. Commitment includes shopping prior to the start of camp, store runs during camp hours, storing and sorting food items.
- Program Staff: A Day Camp Utility Player! Assist with pre-camp training by teaching their skills to Unit Leaders and Counselors and by informing them of the program resources and equipment which can be made available to groups. During Day Camp, they assist units and groups as requested. They select and procure special program equipment after given authorization by the Camp Site Director.
- Activity Specialist: Do you have hidden talents or favorite hobbies? Instruct, teach or lead activities to our Day Campers such as crafts, field games, science, nature hike, fire safety, outdoor cooking and more!