Camp Fire believes that every child should be able to attend our programs, and understands that families have varying abilities to pay based on income and other life circumstances. Financial assistance for all of our youth programs is available through an application process. All families who are in need of financial assistance are encouraged to apply.
We use a sliding scale based on household income and family size; and in addition we consider other factors in determining eligibility, including:
- Qualification for other assistance programs such as SNAP or free/reduced lunches.
- Family circumstances such as loss or incarceration of a family member, divorce/separation, serious illness, job loss, or homelessness.
- Child attending has a disability or is in foster care.
- Child/family identifies as BIPOC or LGBTQIA2S+.
For youth who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color), specific financial assistance is available through the Equity Action Fund (EAF). This funding is available regardless of financial need. We also allocate late-reservation spaces open to BIPOC youth after our sessions are full. More information about EAF can be found here.
How to Apply
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application form. The form only needs to be completed once per year for the entire family/household.
- Send us supporting documentation to verify your household income and other family circumstances:
- By email to: email@example.com
- By mail to: Camp Fire Financial Assistance, 2414 SW Andover St. Suite D-105, Seattle, WA 98106
- Or upload to your UltraCamp account
- Register for any Camp Fire youth program, and select “I am applying for financial assistance” during the registration process. You will be prompted to complete the Financial Assistance Application form, if you have not already done so. You will also be asked to pay a small deposit, which is refundable if we are unable to provide assistance.
All three steps above must be complete for your application to be considered.
Full Financial Assistance Policies
Our full polices are available for review, including our income eligibility scale. Please click the link below to open a PDF attachment.
Camp Sealth Overnight & Day Camp
- January 31 – Early application deadline (notification by February 28)
- March 31 – Final application deadline (notification by April 30)
Please note that Camp Sealth programs fill quickly and financial assistance is limited. We strongly recommend applying by the January 31 deadline as we cannot guarantee that funds will be available after that point.
All Other Day Camps
No deadline – apply at any time
All Other Programs – Family Camps, Teen Retreats, etc.
One month before the start of the program