Camp Fire believes that every child should be able to attend our programs, and understands that families have varying ability to pay based on income and other life circumstances. Financial assistance is available on a first-come, first-served basis for all of our youth programs.
Applications for financial aid will open for 2024 Camp Sealth Overnight Camp when registration begins on November 16, 2023.
All families who are in need of financial assistance are encouraged to apply. We use a sliding scale based on household income and family size; and in addition, we consider other factors in determining eligibility. Financial assistance of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% may be awarded depending on eligibility.
Priority is given to those in our service area (King, Kitsap, and north Mason counties) but all are welcome to apply.
In addition to household income and family size, we encourage families to consider applying if any of these circumstances apply:
- Qualification for other assistance programs such as SNAP or free/reduced lunches.
- Child attending has a disability or is in foster care.
- Family circumstances such as loss or incarceration of a family member, divorce/separation, serious illness, job loss, or homelessness.
- Child/family identifies as BIPOC or LGBTQIA2S+.
How to Apply
- Each family must complete a Financial Aid Eligibility Form. The form only needs to be completed once per year for the entire family/household.
- Send us supporting documentation to verify your household income or circumstances. This may include tax returns, a statement of benefits or eligibility from an organization providing aid, or a statement from a caseworker or other professional who is familiar with your family’s circumstances.
- Register for the program(s) your child/family wants to attend. Your application will be considered once you register for a program. When you register, select the “I am applying for financial aid” option at check-out. Some programs require a small deposit to register, which will be refunded if we are not able to provide financial aid.
After completing your application and registering for a program, Camp Fire will assign awards based on the eligibility criteria above. No applications will be considered if they are incomplete, lacking documentation, or if the family owes a balance from a previous program. Applications will be considered in the order they are received, so we recommend completing your application early. Each department has a different timeline for application and awards (see below).
Upon consideration, you will be notified of your financial aid status, which may include:
- An award of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of the program fee
- Wait-listed for financial aid, usually due to insufficient funds
- Not eligible for aid – either due to incomplete application or other reasons
If you are awarded partial financial aid, you are responsible for paying the remaining balance. If you are unable to pay the balance, please contact us about other options. We can move you to a less expensive program or arrange a payment plan. If you decide not to participate in the program, we will cancel your reservation and refund in full any money you have paid.
Financial Aid Policies for Specific Programs
Camp Sealth Overnight Camp
Financial aid requests will be considered as soon as registration opens, on a rolling basis until all funds are given out. We recommend applying early as funds are limited. Awards will be determined monthly starting as soon as registration opens. A $30 deposit is required to hold your camp reservation. Financial aid is limited to one camp program per child per summer. Contact us if paying this fee upfront causes a hardship for your family – we offer the ability to create individual payment plans.
Financial aid requests will be considered as soon as registration opens in late January, on a rolling basis until all funds are given out. We recommend applying early as funds are limited. Awards will be determined monthly starting as soon as registration opens. A $10 deposit is required to hold your camp reservation. Contact us if paying this fee upfront causes a hardship for your family. Financial aid is limited to one camp program per child per summer.
Financial aid requests will be considered on a rolling basis as soon as you register for Group Program, and funds are usually available throughout the year, regardless of when you join. There is no deposit to register for Group Program when applying for financial aid. Families who are awarded aid will also be provided with assistance in purchasing vests, emblems, or other recognition items. Participation in the annual Candy Fundraiser is required for Group Program recipients of financial aid.
All Other Programs (Family Camps, Teen Events, and more)
Financial aid requests must be made one month in advance of the program. Notification of the award will be given at least two weeks before the program begins. A $10 deposit is required to hold your reservation for programs costing more than $50. Please note that because we are a youth-serving organization, no financial assistance is provided for adult-only programs.
Other Sources of Financial Assistance
Financial assistance for youth to attend some of our programs is also available from the following agencies: