Dates & Registration
- Session 8 Waterfalls & Climbing Walls, August 17 – August 22, Grade: 8-10, Camp Sealth, Register Now for Session 8 Waterfalls & Climbing Walls
An adventure that will take you to new heights! Begin the trip with a visit to an indoor climbing gym, spend the days hiking to waterfalls, the nights camping beneath the stars, and end it all with rock climbing in the great outdoors.
What to Expect
This trip will include:
- A day of climbing at an indoor climbing gym
- A day of rock climbing outdoors
- Camping for three nights near the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Short- to medium-length day hikes to waterfalls in the surrounding area
Youth must meet the age/grade requirement for this program. Some experience with rock climbing is helpful, but not required. A moderate level of physical fitness is required to participate in climbing and to hike up to 3 miles per day.
What to Bring
In addition to the regular Camp Sealth packing list, participants should also bring:
- Warm sleeping bag
- Warm outdoor clothes (fleece and wool work best)
- *Backpacking pack
- *Sleeping pad
- Sturdy, lightweight hiking boots + extra socks
- Warm hat
- Thermal underwear (optional)
- Headlamp (optional)
*These items can be borrowed from camp if you don’t have your own
Adventure trip leaders are experienced in leading trips and outdoor activities, are at least 21 years of age, and have WFA or WFR certification. Climbing activities are led by professional, certified instructors whose safety record has been verified by Camp Sealth. Some activities will take place more than 30 minutes away from EMS access; staff will carry a satellite phone throughout the trip.