Dates & Registration
- Session 1 Nocturnal, June 29 – July 4, Grade: 7-8, Camp Sealth, Register Now for Session 1 Nocturnal
- Session 3 Nocturnal, July 13 – July 18, Grade: 8-10, Camp Sealth, Register Now for Session 3 Nocturnal
- Session 5 Nocturnal, July 29 – August 1, Grade: 7-8, Camp Sealth, Register Now for Session 5 Nocturnal
- Session 7 Nocturnal, August 10 – August 15, Grade: 8-10, Camp Sealth, Register Now for Session 7 Nocturnal
In Nocturnal Camp, kids get a chance to learn about the nighttime world and explore camp while everyone else is sleeping. Lots of the traditional camp activities are done late at night, plus a few things that are reserved just for Nocturnal. Nocturnal kids will stay up late each night and sleep in every morning.
What to Expect
Nocturnal Camp lives in a tent unit in a remote part of camp. Much of the nighttime hours will be spent outdoors, exploring camp at night and doing most (if not all) of these late-night activities:
- Night hikes
- Midnight paddle boarding or canoeing
- Night photography
- Campfires, songs & stories
- Nighttime challenge course, arts & crafts, and archery
- Cookout challenge
- Sunrise at Pt. Robinson lighthouse (6-day program only)
For the shorter week (Session 5), campers will stay up just a few hours late, until between 12 – 1 a.m., and sleep in a few hours in the morning. On longer weeks (6-day program), campers will adjust their sleep schedule a little later each night, and on the last night will stay up all night to watch the sunrise, then sleep the rest of the day.
What To Bring
In addition to the regular Camp Sealth packing list, Nocturnal campers should make sure to bring:
- Sunglasses (to help simulate darkness during daylight hours)
- Warm clothes for nighttime activities
- Optional: eye mask and ear plugs for sleeping during the day
All activities are led by trained and certified instructors, and special measures will be taken to ensure safety for activities facilitated in the dark. Campers are well supervised and stay together as a group during daylight and nighttime hours.