Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not able to offer transportation to/from camp in 2021. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at Camp Sealth on Vashon Island.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Times
Camper arrivals and departures will be staggered, to reduce congestion and traffic on the camp road and during the check-in process. Your camper will be assigned a 30-minute arrival window, which will be sent to you by email about two weeks prior to the start of your camp session. Please do not arrive before your assigned time unless you have made special arrangements with us.
Arrival: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Departure: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Getting to Camp
Camp Sealth is located on Vashon Island, and is accessible only by ferry. Ferry terminals to Vashon Island leave from:
- Fauntleroy (West Seattle)
- Southworth (Port Orchard/Kitsap)
- Pt. Defiance (Tacoma)
Driving directions to Vashon Island can be found here. Camp Sealth is located 25 minutes from the north ferry (from Fauntleroy or Southworth) and 10 minutes from the south ferry (from Tacoma). We are not able to offer transportation to or from ferry terminals.
What to Expect at Arrival
Have ready when you arrive (do not pack):
- Proof of camper’s negative COVID test OR proof of full vaccination status (more info)
- All medication
- Sack lunch
Please try to limit the number of people in your vehicle. If possible, we prefer that only one adult drop off the camper. Do not bring pets.
Check-in will take place entirely in our Wrangler unit. Upon arrival at camp, staff will greet each car and direct you through each stage of the process.
- Health screening: Before getting out of the car, you will be asked to complete a brief health screening and attestation for everyone in the car, including a temperature check.
- Parking & Luggage: Staff will direct you to an area for parking; then to the luggage drop-off station. (View the packing list) Luggage will be delivered to an area near your child’s cabin.
- Check-In: Staff will direct you to the check-in station where you’ll verify that paperwork is complete and turn in your camper’s COVID test or proof of vaccination.
- Health Care: Each camper will meet with one of the health care staff to complete the health screening, turn in any medications, and discuss any health concerns.
- Meet Your Counselor: Finally, meet your counselor and cabinmates! Parents will get a few minutes to meet with their child’s counselor before saying goodbye.
Due to COVID-19, parents must limit their time on site and depart after meeting their child’s counselor. You will not be able to tour camp or visit the cabin. If you would like to take a tour prior to camp, we strongly recommend attending the Open House in June.