We are always in need of Day Camp Volunteers!
Camp Fire relies on our amazing adult and teen volunteers to make the magic of Day Camp happen for kids each summer! Volunteering is easy and fun and the best part – making a difference in the life of a child!
- CIT (Counselors-in-Training) (8th graders)
- LEADs (9th-10th graders)
- Teen Counselors (11th-12th graders)
- Adults (18+ yrs)
- Special Guest Volunteers (9th grade – adults)
- 8th Grade: Spend the week as Counselors-in-Training (CITs) and gain valuable leadership experience. The CIT Program is available at all of our Day Camp locations. No prior experience is required. Not required to attend any training (offsite or onsite training) prior to the first day of camp. After successfully completing one session, 8th graders may register for additional weeks of camp as a CIT2 and join the other teen volunteers in supporting camper groups and activity areas.
- 9th-12th Grade: If you are unable to attend the mandatory training sessions to participate as a LEAD or Teen Counselor, then you may register as a CIT. After completing one session as a CIT, 9th-12-grade participants may register for additional weeks of camp during the same season as Teen Volunteers.
- 9th-10th Grade: Join our LEAD Program and learn new leadership skills, help out at different activity areas, and support camper groups.
- 11th-12th Grade: Become a Teen Counselor and lead a group of campers! Or lead an activity area!
Full-time (5 full days) adult volunteers get a $120 discount on day camp registration for their own campers. Children of full-time adult volunteers will automatically be taken off the wait list.
Day Camp Required Volunteer Training:
Fully accredited by the American Camping Association, Camp Fire relies on fully-trained, caring adult and teen volunteers to ensure the safety and security of our campers. All full week volunteers are required to attend training within 3 months of the first week of camp. The training requirement varies by day camp location.
Volunteer for 1, 2, or only 3 days during any session of day camp.
Help with a planned activity or bring/share your skills.
Who can volunteer as a Special Guest: Teens entering 9th grade – adults.
Contact Kerrie Sampelayo, Day Camp Manager, at (206) 826-8941 or firstname.lastname@example.org