Spring Escape Workshop Highlights
If you needed more reasons to register for the Spring Escape (besides the great food, relaxing atmosphere, and incredible scenery) – we’ve got a great selection of more than 25 different workshops to choose from. No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone! Here are just a few of the options that we’re offering this year.
For the Foodie:
In case the scrumptious camp meals aren’t enough, try one of these cooking workshops:
- Danish Cooking: Learn to make Frikadeller, Aebleskiver, and Aeblekaga
- Cream Puffs: Cream puffs are a perfect dessert – light and fluffy and can be filled with ice cream or made into éclairs. Yummm!
For the Adventurer:
- Archery: Learn to shoot like Katniss!
- Secret Hikes of Camp Sealth: Find some of the hidden corners of our incredible 400-acre property with an experienced camp guide.
- Vashon Island Tour: Take a guided tour of some of the most interesting spots on Vashon island, including a stop at a winery (or two).
For the Crafter:
- Chainmaille Pendant & Earrings: Make some incredible jewelry using chainmail-inspired designs.
- Painted Rocks: Learn a simple dotting technique to make beautiful inspirational rocks for your home, your garden, or to leave around town!
- Leather Carving: Learn to use a swivel knife and other leather tools to make a lovely embossed design.
For the Gardener:
- Hypertufa planters: Hypertufa is a material that mimics ancient stone troughs and makes an adorable planter!
- Sedum Containers: Plant sedums in containers using moss, coffee filters, and soil.
For the Recycler:
- Demin Craft: Upcycle old jeans, driftwood, and lace doilies to make some incredible new pieces!
- Repurpose Now, Recycle Later: Turn old greeting cards into gift boxes and security envelopes into photo frames.
We Hope to See You There!
It’s never too early to get ready for spring! The Spring Escape takes place March 2nd-4th at Camp Sealth and is an opportunity for alumni, parents, friends of Camp Fire, or anyone age 18+ to spend the weekend at camp, explore the outdoors, try some new activities, and connect with friends! A full list of workshops, including pictures of most projects, can be found here.