Believe it or not, summer is just around the corner — it’s almost time to come to camp! We’re running around like crazy trying to get everything ready for campers. There are a lot of exciting things in store for campers this summer. S0me are new, some are old, but all are awesome! Read on for a few things you can get excited about.
- The Camp Store is returning for the first time in many years. You can find more information on this blog as well as on the web site. We’ll be offering great products kids can take home to remember their time at camp, including stuffed animals, water bottles, coffee mugs and more. There will also be camp essentials like postcards ans sunscreen. It’s all financed by a camper account, so no cash changes hands.
- It’s never been a more exciting time to be a teen at Camp Sealth! We have a lot of great programs going on this year. Our Teen Leadership program is growing, with record numbers of High School Interns volunteering this year. We still have a few spots left for CIT’s! Click on the link above to find out more.
- Our Outback/Tripping Program, intended for middle and high schoolers, is headed to the mountains! With brand new trips headed out to the Cascades and the Olympics this summer, there are more options than ever before. We have an awesome crew of counselors, including Flash, who will be the Coordinator this year. Get ready for some adventure!
- Another exciting camp for teens is Construction Camp, offered August 10 – 22. If you’re the kind of kid who’s been taking things apart and putting them back together as long as you’ve been walking, this camp is for you. We’ll work on improving structures at camp and learning the foundations of construction (no pun intended!).
- Windsurf and Sail camp is back with a vengeance! This year we have a staff member entirely dedicated to windsurf and sail instruction, and we think it will be the best year yet. If you’re excited to get creative with your water sports, this is the camp for you.
And don’t forget your favorite counselors from years past! Some of your most awesome staff members will be back for a second, fifth, or even eighth year. Below are a few we thought campers would be excited to see.
McGyver is returning as the Waterfront Coordinator/Kiwanis Unit Leader. Kiwanis camps and waterfront activities will be great this summer under her leadership!
Big Bird will be back again as a Unit Leader for Village. Look forward to dance parties, story telling, and rapping (pictured below)!
Ra will be a Teen Leadership counselor this year. She’s looking forward to trying something new and getting to know the CITs and Interns.Crash is a Waterfront Specialist this summer, so watch for him guarding lives at the waterfront!
With all this going on at Camp Sealth, you can’t blame us for being excited. Summer is coming so soon — the first session starts on June 26! — but there’s still time to register!