Retreat to Camp Sealth
We look forward to welcoming our 18 and older crowd on March 4th & 5th for the Spring Escape!
Join us for a weekend of exploring the outdoors, trying new activities and spending time with friends at camp! Enjoy a wide variety of workshops, a silent auction, evening programming, great food and the natural beauty of Camp Sealth and the Puget Sound.
Check-in Saturday morning and enjoy a full schedule of unique workshops such as archery, island tours, crafting, cooking, hiking and more. Saturday will also include a delicious lunch and dinner, as well as an evening program and silent auction! You are welcome to stay overnight if you would like and join us for more activities and brunch on Sunday morning before checkout. If you want to extend your Spring Escape, there is also an option to stay at Camp Sealth Friday night as well.
- Optional Friday arrival: Check in begins at 5:00pm
- Check in on Saturday will start at 9:00am
- Check out on Sunday will be at 12:00pm
Before you register, make sure to check out our workshop descriptions! When you register you will be asked to number your top 10 choices from 1-10 in order of preference. There will be 4 workshops during the event (if attending Saturday only), so you will need to list at least that number of options. Some of our more popular workshops will fill early, if this happens we will look at your additional options or you will be assigned free time.
- Take a ride and explore some points of interest on South Vashon.
- Tour the new Vashon Center for the Arts.
- Take in the views on some high points of Maury Island such as Dockton, Vashon Maury Golf Course and Maury Island Marine Park.
- Visit the Point Robinson Lighthouse.
- Taste a variety of cider at the Nashi Orchard.
- We have a variety of service projects available and each can be tailored to meet each person’s interest.
- Options might include: helping prep the garden beds for spring planting, silk screening patches, clearing hiking trails, cleaning cabins, raking leaves, clearing branches and more.
A Wide Variety of Cooking Workshops:
- Danish Cooking: Learn the art of making Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs), Aebleskiver (Danish round pancakes) and Aeblekaga (an applesauce dessert).
- Pie Making: Learn from an expert using traditional and alternative pie recipes.
- Preserving, Canning and Drying: An introduction to canning and drying fruits; learn to make apple butter, dried apples and fruit candles.
- Outdoor Cooking: Learn a variety of outdoor cooking methods while fixing up something yummy to eat – choose from breakfast or dessert!
2 Egg Decorating Workshops:
- Washi Paper Eggs: Participate in a very old Japanese craft that started back as far as the 17th century! Learn how to decorate eggs with beautiful washi paper.
- Ukrainian Eggs: Learn more about this ancient art using wax resist and dyes; create your own beautifully decorated egg!
Other Excited Workshops!
- Chain Maille bracelets
- Edible Hike
- Belly Dancing and Line Dancing
- Bullet Journaling
A highlight of the Spring Escape is a silent auction that will raise money for Camp Fire events, particularly for Special Family Camp, a retreat for families with children with special needs. Typical auction items include handmade artwork, gift baskets, and other goodies! To donate an item to the auction, contact Pat Kishline at email@example.com at least one week prior to the event.
Souvenir T-Shirts & Sweatshirts Available!
Souvenir T-shirts and sweatshirts are available through pre-order at $10 to $25 each. Sizes small through 4X are available. Place your order during the registration process.
Cost & Registration
The event cost is $90 (Saturday/Sunday), or $60 for Saturday day only. Stay overnight on Friday (no meals provided) for an additional $20.
Hope to see you there!