We’re Collecting Toys and Other Items for Local Foster Care Youth!
Did you know that nearly 9,000 children in foster care in our state wake up to unfamiliar surroundings each morning? We want to ensure that the holiday season is bright for these youth by collecting gifts for Treehouse thru December 13th! Treehouse gives foster youth a childhood and a future. Their goal is to have foster youth graduate from highschool at the same rate as their peer, as well as help them create a plan for their future. Donation drives hosted throughout the community on behalf of Treehouse ensure that no child in foster care goes without the essentials this holiday season.
Holiday Drive Gift Ideas:
Light up the faces of a foster youth this holiday season with a special holiday gift! Some of the gift ideas Treehouse has suggested include new clothing items (specific needs listed below), gifts for teens, new or lightly used toys, as well as shoes and accessories.
Most Needed Clothing Items:
- Child boy and child girl long sleeved tops (all sizes).
- Child boy’s denim (all sizes).
- Child girl’s denim (12-16).
- Teen boy joggers and hoodies (all sizes).
- Toddler hoodies 2T-5T.
- Toddler boy jeans 2T – 5T.
Other Gift Ideas:
- Toddlers: Ride on toys, fun musical toys, alphabet toys, teething toys
- Girls and Boys Ages 5-12: Superhero toys, large Lego set, over ear headphones, American Girl doll, science kit, craft kit
- Teens Ages 13-18: Seahawks gear, eReader, skateboard, speakers, backpack, jewelry/accessories
Want to Give Back This Holiday Season?
You can drop off new or lightly used, unwrapped toys to the Camp Fire office, Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm now through December 13th.
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound
2414 SW Andover St
Seattle, WA 98059
Feel free to contact Chelsea Bogrow, Community Programs Assistant at email@example.com