Spring Service Weekend:
Come join us for a weekend of fun at the Spring Service Weekend, March 25th-26th, and help us get Camp Sealth in tip-top shape before summer! This is a great opportunity for Camp Fire members and community members alike to get outside and enjoy the outdoors while making a difference. Not only is this weekend open to the public, but it’s free to attend, and we are offering overnight lodging, dinner on Saturday and breakfast Sunday morning before you depart from your stay at Camp Sealth. This will be an awesome weekend full of engaging projects for all ages and abilities!
We will kick off Spring Service Weekend at 10:00am on Saturday morning with with check before learning about each project and picking one that’s right for you. Then you will head out in groups and work on the project or projects you’ve chosen. Make sure to bring a sack lunch for Saturday afternoon, and feel free to take a break and relax whenever! We will work on our projects until 4:00pm on Saturday, then you will be treated to a hot and delicious meal in Rounds Hall for dinner. After dinner you may choose to head home for the evening or stay the night and enjoy some free time. Saturday evening will be a time for relaxing around a campfire, making new friends and other camp activities. Feel free to bring an acoustic instrument, games or other entertainment to share! On Sunday a hot breakfast will be served at 8:00am before we finish up our weekend projects. Please plan to pack up and clean your cabin by lunch at 12pm.
Spring Service Weekend Projects:
Here’s a look at some of the projects we will be doing around camp! A few of these projects may change based on need and number of volunteers, or if other important projects pop up.
- A Legendary Leaf Collecting and Removal: Fall and winter months have left Camp Sealth covered in leaves. Although the trees look gorgeous during the fall, they sure do make a mess! It would be a HUGE help if volunteers helped us rake and remove the leaves.
- Paint-a-Palooza: The buildings at camp could use your help! Being right next to the beautiful Puget Sound sure does have it’s perks, but the salty air sure does wreak havoc on paint. You can help clean up the outside of our cabins with a new fresh coat of!
- Woodsy Workout: Whether you enjoy being in the woods, or chopping it, you will find a project that suits you! Help us get the trail system ready for heavy foot traffic this summer or help us stock up our woodpiles.
- Patch Party Production: This is a great project for those who have an attention to detail! Help mass-produce our summer patches by hand! Screen printing the patches for our summer programs is a huge undertaking, so we appreciate any help we can get. And just think, this summer someone will earn a patch that you handmade!
- Garden Grooming: Do you have a green thumb or love nurturing fruits and vegetables? Then we have the job for you! Our garden is currently in need of a little TLC to get ready for the upcoming growing season. This garden allows Campers to learn about the importance of sustainable gardening, as well as enjoying lots of healthy snacks along the way!
- Porch Repair: If you have knack and a talent for woodworking, we could really use your help! Some of camp’s decks and porches need new lumber to help make them beautiful again. With the guidance and help of our Facilities Managers, you can help us replace some boards around camp!
- Road Remedy: The recent cold and rainy weather has caused a pothole problem on the camp roads. We are in need of extra help to replace the gravel and road along camp’s most used sections of roads, which will make travel in and out of camp easier for all!
Benefits of Volunteering:
Volunteering at Service Weekend is a great way to make a difference in your local community, get physically active, connect with the outdoors and have some fun! Bring your family and friends and spend the weekend bonding with no technology to get in your way.
Learn More and Register:
Learn more about youth participation, lodging, meals, etc.
We Hope You Can Join Us!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
(206) 463-3174 ext. 34.