Camp Fire turns an incredible 105 years old on March 17, 2015! Help us celebrate!
Please Join Us!
Group Program members are cordially invited to join us for a Skating Party! It will take place at the Broadview Thompson Elementary Gym, 13052 Greenwood Avenue N., on Friday, March 20th from 6:00pm – 8:15pm. The party is free to non-skaters and just $4 to skate, cash or checks accepted at the door. Reservations required via email to Hanna Mandt at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16th. Please be sure and bring a special activity form.
Earn Your Celebrate Camp Fire Emblem!
To earn your emblem, simply complete a total of four activities from the list below during Camp Fire’s birthday week; March 14th – 22nd.
More than one activity may be completed at a meeting and the birthday activities can also be incorporated with an activity from another project.
Here are some fun ways to celebrate with your Camp Fire Group:
- Host a Camp Fire birthday party complete with decorations and cake! Give treats to the helpers at your group’s meeting place such as school principal/community center leader, custodian, and office workers!
- Honor a person who embodies Camp Fire ideals and values. Present the person with a certificate or other award.
- Thank someone who supports your group meetings with a card and small token of appreciation. Appropriate honorees can include your sponsor, neighborhood volunteer, or meeting place staff member – anyone who helps your group!
- Complete a community service project including holding a craft supplies collection for Camp Fire or help raise money for Camp Fire’s Scholarship Fund that supports kids in need.
- Learn about Central Puget Sound’s rich history and/or the national history of Camp Fire by studying Camp Fire’s websites or parts of the Wo-Ho-Lo: The History of Camp Fire.
- Participate in a Camp Fire Sabbath or Sunday Service.
- Create and then fly homemade kites decorated to celebrate Camp Fire activities.
- Design and perform a skit, poem, song or dance about Camp Fire.
- Make a display about Camp Fire and your activities for a store window, school or library.
- Create your own birthday celebration activity!
Share your group’s celebrations with us!
Thanks for helping us celebrate an incredible 105 years of Camp Fire!
Interested in joining a Camp Fire Group? Learn more today!