We’re still beaming with gratitude for the generous outpouring of support — a goal-smashing $127,000! —from more than 300 guests who attended our inaugural Spirit & S’mores fundraiser last fall. Whether you were there in person or in spirit, we want you to know how deeply we appreciate you and how we’re putting your gifts to good use.
Here are some of the investments we’ve made with your support:
- $40,000+ allowed 127 low-income youth to take part in a Camp Fire program
- $30,000 covered numerous facility improvements at Camp Sealth, including repairs to the floating dock, an accessibility ramp, windows in our health center, and high-efficiency plumbing
- $30,000 went toward new program equipment and supplies like a fully accessible challenge course, a new horse named Donut, fun additions to our watercraft (ever heard of Corcles? … a cross between a kayak & stand-up paddleboard) as well as crafts, sports and outdoor living skills supplies for thousands of youth
- $11,500 paid for four additional day and overnight camp counselors, allowing 250 more youth to attend our programs last summer
- $7,500 funded a full year of bilingual preschool in our Little Stars program in South King County
- $5,000 enabled us to maintain a 1:1 staff-to camper ratio for Shooting Stars, our weeklong overnight camp for children with advanced physical and psychological special needs
THANK YOU for sharing our commitment Camp Fire and the life-changing opportunities we give young people to explore the outdoors, make new friends, and have fun while building confidence and leadership skills.
Join Us at Our Second Annual Spirit & S’mores Fundraiser on October 18th!
Come dressed to impress and ready to party with us for a great cause. Tickets are just $75 per person and include delicious eats, craft cocktails and of course S’mores! A short program will follow a rousing Raise the Paddle emceeing by our famous Boata captain Mooselips.