Meet Our ACD Team!
I can’t wait to spend my first summer at Camp Sealth! I currently work at camp as an Assistant Camp Director, and this summer I will also be apart of the ACD team! Although this is my first year at Camp Sealth, I’ve spent four years at a Y camp in Illinois, where I originally hail from. There I was a Counselor and worked up to be a Unit Coordinator for 5th-6th grade youth and all of the High School Apprentice Counselors.
I love that summer camp has the ability to give kids confidence in themselves, no matter who they are, and how it gives them a safe and fun environment to develop and build strong, positive social bonds with their peers. My favorite part about camp has always been the overnights, they’re always a blast!
- Favorite Camp Food? Chicken Parm you taste so good
- Favorite Camp Song? The Yodeler
- Favorite Activity? Paddleboarding
- Favorite Game? Dodgeball
- Favorite Trail? Kiwanis
This will be my ninth summer at Camp Sealth and I’ve been lucky enough to be a Unit Leader, Teen Leadership Counselor, Counselor and a Kitchen Assistant. This year I have been hired on as an Assistant Camp Director, and the team has already labeled me as the “responsible one”. I am so excited to be on the ACD team this summer! I love dedicating my summer to helping children, and experiencing all of the beautiful moments that come with it.
- Favorite Camp Food? Picnic dinner is a rapturous, Dionysian testament to the infinite majesty of the human experience.
- Favorite Camp Song? Take Me Home, Country Roads and the Dewey Song
- Favorite Activity? Snipe hunts, overnights, and storytelling
- Favorite Game? Schmotus and Ninja.
I’m excited to spend my second summer at Camp Sealth! This will be my first time on the ACD team, last year I was the Program Specialist alongside my good bud, Spud. I love working at Camp Sealth because it is an intentional community, with a safe and inclusive environment for campers and staff alike. My fellow ACD team is so energetic, full of great ideas and so much fun!
One of the best memories from Camp Sealth was from last summer. Our specialist team put a lot of time and effort into planning a Dr. Seuss themed all-camp event. We had different stations set up, and campers rotated between activities ranging from creating tongue twisters to fishing for red fish and blue fish. It was great to see both campers and staff members engaged and having fun together.
- Favorite Camp Food? Veggie chicken nuggets
- Favorite Camp Song? Sixties Party
- Favorite Activity? Nature and outdoor living skills lessons
- Favorite Game? Right now, I’m loving water in the face
- Favorite Trail? Slyvan
Kayley: “Nimbus 2000”
I’m so excited for my third summer at Camp Sealth, and this will be my second summer on the ACD team! In 2010 I was a Horizon Counselor, and from 2011-2015 I worked at Camp Killoqua in a number of positions.
My favorite part about Camp Sealth is it is a place where everyone can come together, try new things, learn more about themselves, make memories and so much more. This summer, I’m looking forward to working with the Teen Leadership program and reuniting with staff and campers from last year!
- Favorite Camp Food? The salad bar!
- Favorite Camp Song? A song from Killoqua called the Geoduck Song
- Favorite Activity? Anything at the waterfront!
- Favorite Game? Kitty Cat Careers
- Favorite Trail? Any trail that goes from Kiwanis
- Favorite Animal Found at Camp? It’s a tie between sea anemones and all the camp cats!
Thank You ACD Team!
Want to join in on the summer fun? Learn what it’s like to work at Camp Sealth for the summer and view our current openings!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay caught up on all of the Camp Sealth excitement!