About Our Alumni
Camp Sealth and Camp Fire alumni are an incredible group of people, spanning generations back to the 1920s. Whether you spent your summers at Camp Sealth, attended one of our many day camps, grew up in a Camp Fire group, or earned your WoHeLo Award, you are a part of the Camp Fire family. Former campers, staff members, parents, board members, volunteers, group leaders, camp counselors, donors, sponsors, or fans – you belong here! Thank you for being a part of Camp Fire’s incredible history.
We invite all alumni of Camp Fire and Camp Sealth to stay involved, and we offer many different ways to engage with our current programs.
We want to stay in touch with you and learn more about your history with Camp Fire and Camp Sealth. Sign-up below with your information to get special updates about our alumni events, activities, and news!
Attend an Event
In addition to summer camp, we host several events throughout the year geared toward adults and families. Check out this list below or see our entire selection of adult and family-friendly events.
- The Campout: An alumni-oriented retreat for ages 21+ with all of the best activities and traditions you remember.
- Spring Escape: An adult retreat for ages 18+ with a focus on crafts and other special interests.
- You & Me Camp: A retreat focused on kids to spend time with one trusted adult in their life.
- Special Family Camp: A family camp for kids with disabilities and neurodivergence.
Many of our programs just wouldn’t be possible without the incredible support of our volunteers. We offer lots of ways to volunteer, whether it’s just for a day, a week, or on a regular/ongoing basis. Register on our website, or contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in helping out with any of the following.
Be a Leader
If you’re looking for a way to be involved on a deeper level, we’re always looking for people interested in joining the board or a committee that focuses on specific issues or events. It is not necessary to live locally to participate in most of these efforts! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the following.
- Alumni Committee: The Alumni Committee will work on a yearly calendar of events, host alumni socials, write newsletter content, and help out with alumni-focused efforts throughout the year.
- Equity Action Fund Advisory Group: If you identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color) and want to support our efforts towards diversity, equity, and inclusion, we’re looking for people to help advise on how we raise and spend money to help get more kids of color to camp.
- Cultural Appropriation: This is an ongoing conversation about how we address camp’s history with practices that are culturally insensitive and move forward with our restorative efforts.
- Board of Directors: Camp Fire’s Board of Directors makes major decisions that impact the long-term sustainability, financial health, and programmatic focus of Camp Sealth and our entire organization. Reach out if you are interested in joining the board.
Connect & Share
Even if you don’t live locally or can’t attend events in-person, there are still tons of ways for alumni to stay involved and help spread the word about Camp Sealth and Camp Fire. Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We regularly post updates and pictures from our programs, and share opportunities to volunteer or spend time at camp.
- Boost our social posts: Comments, likes, and shares of our posts also help spread the word about Camp Sealth and Camp Fire!
- Facebook: Join the Camp Sealth Alumni Facebook group to engage with alumns from all generations and reconnect with people you’ve met at camp.
- Newsletter: Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed. We also love to have alumni contribute in sharing our story by writing a newsletter article or blog post.
If you are a Camp Fire or Camp Sealth alum who made a shield hung in Rounds Hall, we have removed the shields from the walls and are in the process of identifying each one and returning them to their owners whenever possible. Whether you want your shield back, or want to return yours to our archives, please complete the form below. More information about the removal of the shields can be found here.
Donations of any amount are critical to the work we do and are greatly appreciated. Consider a one-time, recurring, or legacy gift to help keep the camp magic alive for hundreds of kids each year.